Better to Light One Candle

This site contains many of the peace oriented postings from We Are All Volunteers in This Army because that space has perforce migrated to deal more with military issues themselves than visions of peace.

Name:
Location: United States

If you have a medical hold or PTRP story to share, please contact me at ptrosss(at)gmail.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Better to Light One Candle...

by Patricia deVarennes

"Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness." Well, I lit several candles and a couple of flamethrowers over the past year...especially in the last few months. The nature of my original blog, We Are All Volunteers in This Army , has changed. I believe it carries issues with it that supercede my anti-war sentiments.

I'm not trying to hide those sentiments. In fact, I've left a few posts that are obviously anti-war. However, due to events surrounding Fort Sill that I have recently related, I've been unable to continue with my own (hopefully) open dialogue and vision. I've been unable to write about other things that are also important to me in the context of the pursuit of peace. So today I deleted those posts that did not directly relate to my eldest son's experience in Iraq, or my youngest son's experience at Fort Sill, from We Are All Volunteers. I may comment on those issues here, but only in context with other subjects about which I am writing.

I am a writer, not a journalist. There's a difference. I had created another small blogspot at Nitnoid to natter about interesting stuff, but it too has been taken over by the ever hungry "Fort Sill" topic. So I had to use it to post documentation for the other site. But enough whining.

I am re-posting several of my 2005 entries deleted from the We Are All Volunteers site here...for the historical record (lest anyone accuse me of pandering to other interests)...and also because I think the thoughts and vision are still germane in their orginal context.

I hope to be active here as time permits...and thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home